A new testing release, Programmer’s Notepad 2.1.5, has been released to our Google Code page. This release fixes important bugs, adds support for script in text clips, and is a release candidate build for a new stable release.
Changes in 2.1.5:
- Text clips can now contain python script, anything written to stdout is included in the clip.
- Improvements to ANSI/Unicode encoding support and conversion
- Make sure smart highlight works throughout the whole document. Fixes issue #898.
- Added files exclusion filter to magic folder.
- Allow setting current scheme from Pyextensions. Allow inserting clip from extensions.
- Now available in English, Spanish, Hungarian, Romanian, Chinese, better translation support.
- When saving the workspace sort the documents by tab order. Fixes issue #201.
- Text clips now have a context menu
- Allow forcing readonly from the command line. Fixes issue #953.
- Switch desktop icon to common desktop. Fixes issue #81.
- Add date and time for clips, fix tab size, and remove line endings from current line. Fixes issue #944.
- Add updated clips thanks to Sam Collett
- Next and previous placeholder now uses indexes properly. Fixes issue #925.
- Allow resizing the text clip editor dialog, and centre on display. Fixes issue #926.
- Handle the case where we fail to open xml files for writing better. Fixes issue #1024.
- Make sure tab completion works with individual output window. Fixes issue #996.
- Add the dollar sign to word characters for PHP. Fixes issue #951.
- Fix smarthighlight/split view clash. Fixes issue #738.
- Fix sorting in clips control.
Thanks to all contributors, translators and testers for their help with this release.